Sunday, February 21, 2016

Kyzer's Diary #1: How to Get Attention



Dear Diary,

Although I am always supposed to be the center of attention, sometimes Kat and Corey forget that. One moment they will be obsessing over my cuteness, then the next they will be staring at the box with moving pictures and pretending like I don’t even exist! I’ll try to remind them that I’m still there by bringing them my toys, whining at their feet, breathing real heavy right next to them, but nothing seems to work. The box has them in such a trance only drastic measures will snap them out of it and get them to return their focus to me. 

Ever since I was a little pup I would try barking at them. Now here is the key to barking at your humans—you don’t want to be too close to them where they can swat at you and try to get you to stop. You need to be just far enough, as well as surrounded by objects, so they can’t readily grab you. This causes them to fail numerous times at trying to get you. It turns into a whole game. A fun game! And what dog doesn’t love attention AND playing a game?

About a year ago, when they were lost in their trance, I went on an adventure behind the living room couches. They didn’t seem to care, let alone notice! I knew I needed to snap them out of it. So I wedged myself between two couches and acted like I was stuck. I began to yip at them, trying to get them to “save” me. Although they didn’t come at first, they eventually helped me get “unstuck.”

That’s the moment I learned that the best method to getting attention is to act like you need something and bark. Especially if you are wedged between objects, if they come after you to try and get you to stop, you have the upper hand because you are not easy to get to. Another example would be barking and whining like you have to go outside, even if you don’t have to go. This is a fool proof method that can get any human broken from their box-trance and to get them to remember that you are in fact the center of attention.

Dog Logic.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Kathryn, I am really interested in your posts. The first thing I have learned is that how to get their attention. I know that the dogs are similar to human beings, they have their own minds. And I will use the same method to get attention when raising a dag in the future. By the way, it is a little hard to read in your background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the perspective from Kyzer! Very cute and entertaining, and the video too! Lol way too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chuckled over this because it reminds me of what I do with my dog at home in Colorado. I always narrate what he is thinking so this is hysterical to see how someone else sees their own dog's personality. What a cute dog too, definitely gotta come back to see the adventures of Kyzer.

    ReplyDelete